Cynthia and Kevin were blessed with a sunny and warm (well, sort of) day for their March 30th wedding. This lovely couple had a fun, relaxed celebration in their native Oakville, and brought me in to capture their big day.
Will all shades of purple colouring the festivities, it was certainly a bright arrangement! It only matched their colourful personalities and great senses of humour. Kevin and his buddies were joking and watching the Simpsons all the way up until they had to head down to the altar. And instead of suffering through the day in painful heels and uncomfortable dress shoes, the couple instead opted for Converse foot wear… a perfect match for this down to earth duo.
There’s no doubt that Cynthia and Kevin have a strong support system, with great friends and a wonderful and kind family. It was a pleasure to spend the day with everyone.
This is just a sampling of some of the great moments and memories that were captured. More to come!
Remember the TTD photoshoot I did with a few local (relatively new) photographers? Well, Joe Dayian was one of them!! This blog is dedicated to him and the world as seen through his lens!
In Joe’s words….
Joe Dayian is a Toronto based wedding photographer who describes his style as “photojournalism with a touch of flair”. His love of photography started in high school way back in the 80′s. But his real passion started five years ago with the purchase of his first DSLR. “The digital age has transformed the industry” says Joe. “I spent countless hours in the darkroom back then but the resources available today are far superior than 20 years ago.”
“My main goal is to document the couple’s wedding day and present it in a storyline. I like to be as unobtrusive as possible when capturing these images. I do this about 80 percent of the day. The other 20 percent is when I have the couple alone or in a small group. We can then get creative, add in some lighting and posing to create artistic fashion inspired images.”
“It was rather a natural progress. First comes taking pictures of friends and family, then it’s your friends asking you to take pictures of their children, then being asked to shoot weddings. Finally with the latter I had found the avenue I wanted to pursue. Capturing a couple on their most exciting and special day is pure adrenaline! And with this wedding season under my belt I’m really looking forward to 2011.”
What makes him different?
“Photography is mainly about light, a photographer must learn to see the light, understand the light and utilize the light. It’s not enough these days to stick a flash on top of a camera and blast away. But that’s only part of the equation. Providing great customer service is as important. I’m shooting weddings for the love and passion of creating lasting impressions, of creating art, and sharing that art with my couples.”